Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day Two

9:00AM-12:45PM



How awful. I was up in the MORNING on a Saturday! Gross.

Well I made the most of it by:

Finishing: The last pages of A View from the Bridge

More Juggling!

Blogging

Drinking tea & eating breakfast while watching Phineas and Ferb.

12:45PM-2:00PM



Time to head to the city.

I stopped by Sam Ash to pick up guitar strings. Now all I need to know is how to replace them on my guitar. Let's be honest. I'm probably going to leave them in the bag for several months but will look at them everyday and say "tomorrow I'll do that."

2:00PM-4:15PM



A View from the Bridge




The play was such a delight. Although I was unimpressed with Scarlett Johansson's performance I was enamored with Liev Schreiber portrayal of that longshoreman Eddie, native to Brooklyn. As a native Brooklynite I was delighted to hear his strong "d"'s in place of "th"'s and his "a"'s instead of "er"'s. Listening to him and Jessica Hecht converse reminded me of being a child visiting the house of a local friend. And having that uncomfortable feeling of wondering why these folks do not feel it inappropriate to be fighting right in front of me.

4:15PM-9:00PM



After the play I rush home. IKEA delivery expected from 5-9.

I sit on my lousy futon (soon to be replaced) and start watching Breaking Bad.

I then juggle, nap, eat. Still my delivery has not arrived.

9:00PM-10:30PM



I call up all the numbers I can in relation to my delivery, I either get an answering machine or a person trying to help but with no way how.

Yeah IKEA, control my schedule. Really there's nothing better to do in the city of New York than wait for you!

I finally get my delivery close to 10PM. Finally, I have the items I paid for!

10:30PM-1:00AM



Take a cab to the G and head to Phil's.

Party time!





Phil's spacious loft leaves a lot to be desired.

For example: I desire a lot of his space.

At the end of the night the time has finally come: Cake Time!




Finally, the reason why I came. Eff Phil. It's really all about the food!

He had a prototype lime cake from Sweet Revenge.

I had a gratifying slice. Each bite was a perfect balance of tangy sweet.

2:00AM



Day Two Over!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers