9:30AM:
I don't have to go to work! I finally used my electric kettle and heated up some temperature controlled water for my tea. Tasting is believing. The temperature does make a difference.
I really enjoyed the people I met at work. It felt weird not having to get ready for the day and turning into a morning zombie heading to the office.
Origami made by co-worker friends:
10:00AM - 3:30PM:
IKEA
I spent at least an hour or two on and off the phone w/IKEA just to reschedule my delivery once again. But it was worth it for the insolent berating experience. I had some nerve paying for delivery and expecting people to lift heavy boxes and drive them to me. What kind of delivery business did I think they had?
Juggling
Thank you internet for helping me practice! I can juggle 3 balls for approximately 2.5 seconds!
Reading: A View from the Bridge, in preparation for the performance.
Guitar: Practice, practice, practice. I've been to Carnegie Hall and let me tell you all you really need is a ticket and a metrocard.
4:30-5:30PM
Random:
Massage
One hour ladies massage for only $42!
This place was definitely for me! Why? Cause it's cheap? Cause the masseuse was attentive and caring? Well those things did attribute to my wonderful experience but they're not the main reason why I'm coming back. These are:
6:00-8:15PM
Met the Man Friend, Nick, and headed over to The Old Homestead.
We ordered the $41 20 Oz Kobe Beef Burger, the Onion Soup, sides of broccoli, spinach
and BACON.
The soup was great. The french onion soup actually tasted like onions! Not that hot brown water you sometimes get in a bowl.
We split the burger and thank God we did. The burger, cooked medium rare, was perfect for two. Flavorful. Juicy. Satisfying. Each bite is like a little taste of crack. I quickly finished the burger and took a look to my left..."oh shit, why the fuck did we get all these sides?!"
The sides were good but not spectacular. The broccoli and spinach were sauteed in garlic; however, after you've had beef who cares about greens? The bacon was disappointing. It felt like I was eating flavored pork fat.
We couldn't finish our sides but we could order dessert, creme brulee with our tea & coffee:
Creamy, light, sweet. A nice sugary finish to our meaty experience.
8:30-11:00PM
Met up w/Caitlin & Fondulis. It was time for:
PUPPETS!
Stuffed and Unstrung featuring Brian Henson.
A raunchy whimsical improv experience. This is probably one of the best shows I've ever been to. I giggled and bounced from beginning to end. Puppets doing improv!
I recommend this show over anything else, it's the most enjoyable experience you can have while sitting! It also got the approval of two Nicks and a Caitlin!
Speaking of Caitlin, we were definitely meant to hang out that night:
She had a flag in her bag the day I decided to wear my American kicks!
11:00PM-12:30AM
Dessert
After the show we headed to Big Daddy's Diner
Great company sharing yummy ice cream desserts:
And the best part of all: we were all going back to Astoria!
Too bad Caitlin and I had to spend our ride back home with a bunch of Nicks.
1:00AM
Time to end the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment