9:30AM-10:45AM
Get Ready. Blog. Grumble. Juggle. Blah.
10:45AM-12:45PM
Time to head to the city!
Went back to Radiance Tea House and Books for a tea tasting w/Keith and Kim!
First ordered some rice balls:
The Tuna mayo and Spicy Salmon balls were not bad, the Lobster ball was. Their dumplings are still my favorite...although I do still need to try their sweets. Mmmmm *drool*.
Time for tea!
The tea tasting cost $15 and they're held 5x a week. Saturday and Sundays from 11:30AM-12:30PM and Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 6:00-7:00PM.
The instructor was very informative. He gave us a background for all the teas we tried and tips on how to make it just right at home. Every question asked he had an answer to. If I were to crack open his head with a cast iron pot an abundance of tea facts and details would spill out and flood the place. I hope their insurance covers that.
I will most definitely be returning. In fact I know I'm coming back next week. Tea tasting is my new hobby to further increase my love of tea.
12:45PM-2:30PM
WHAAT?! (Women Having Alcoholic Adventures Together!)
I met the ladies at the Brooklyn Brewery.
We laughed, we joked, we drank (Ja-Shin got me to finish her beer).
2:30PM-3:30PM
Random:
Pillow Fight!
We changed into our jammies and headed to Union Square for International Pillow Fight Day!
Real Friend hitting us all in the head!
This place was packed. Trying to walk through the crowd was like trying to walk up to the bar in a packed LES club on a Friday night. Only here you run the risk of being bombarded with pillows every step you took...and even when you weren't taking a step.
Onlookers from across the street:
Pillow fighting at any age is definitely fun. But if you're short be warned: your head will be introduced to the elbows of giants (average height to tall people).
3:30PM-4:45PM
All that pillow fighting can take a lot out of you. It was time for sustenance!
We went to Republic.
I had the herbal tea and the Catfish Vietnamese Sandwich:
The food was okay. I wasn't a fan of the Asian tartar sauce used. Regular tartar sauce is so amazing there's no need to for any improvements. Although I guess it wasn't improvement since the sauce definitely wasn't improved. A disimprovement? Next time I'll just stick with a regular Vietnamese sandwich!
4:45PM-1:00AM
The ladies and I part ways. Hitting people with pillows can really tire you out!
I go home where I:
Juggle. Practice guitar. Clean. Do laundry. Eat. Stretch. Blah.
1:00AM
One more day! *SIGH*
No comments:
Post a Comment