11AM-2:15PM
I was supposed to go to the doctor's. It's been several years and I still haven't visited the primary doctor. BUT, it wasn't my fault. I woke up early and tired only to hear the wind pounding on my window and the rain soaking the world away. Then my Bear told me how frightened and lonely he was. Naturally I came to the rescue and went back to bed to keep him company. I'm a hero I tell ya!
Then unfortunately I woke up.
Time to: Blog. Read more of Flow. Eat. Juggle. Watched some i Puffi.
2:15PM-4:00PM
Another umbrella day to deal with. *sigh*
I went to Radiance Tea House and Books.
The relaxing and pleasant atmosphere was the perfect place to sit down for a cup of tea and read. The music played made me feel as if I could be led to the backroom for a massage or nap.
I sat by myself and ordered a pot of white monkey tea.
I read some more and studied some Italian. Then after some helpful advice from the waiter I ordered dumplings: Chicken & Woodear Mushroom & Little Soupy Pork Buns.
The Chicken & Woodear mushrooms were a pleasant surprise. Scrumptious and delectable with the Miso sauce. The Soup Pork dumplings were not the best I've had but they definitely did not disappoint.
After perusing the shop's shelves and admiring the display of exquisite tea sets I departed for more umbrella fun.
4:00PM-5:00PM
I headed to the Agora Gallery for Lego sculptures.
The photos say it all:
5:00PM-6:15PM
I walk on over to TSNY and change for some Aerial Rope!
My quirky teacher told me that I had strength, but when practicing rope coordination is the key.
I must have misplaced the key to Rope. Maybe it's on top of my coffee table hidden beneath junk mail I'm too lazy to throw out.
The lesson left me with a craving for more and the teacher gave me the comfort of learning from the spontaneous gregarious girl everyone wants to play with during recess.
6:15pm-8:30PM
I change back to my street clothes that felt as if they've been swimming all morning. I reach into my bag for the extra pair of socks I've packed. Luckily the rain penetrated my back and attacked them. Good thing. Imagine...my feet almost had a shot at dryness!
I left and made good use of my wallet's cash.
I hailed a cab to the Schoenfeld Theater for A Behanding in Spokane with Nick.
Christopher Walkins was well Christopher Walkins. I thought he was supposed to play a character caleld Carmichael. The other actors that played Toby and Marilyn, the interracial couple selling Carmichael a hand that is not his own, would probably have been better of as unused understudies. The play had its moments. Its annoying moments when I'd get fed up with the couple fighting, its confusing moments when I'd ask why these characters were acting they way they did and its boring moments when I was wishing there was a clock to watch.
The best actor of all was probably Tobey Maguire who played an average guy sitting in one of the front rows. Oh wait. He wasn't acting. He was just there.
Good theater is like good sex. When you're having a good time you don't notice any flaws, you live in the moment enjoying every breath your partner takes and reveling in their wonderful performance.
Unfortunately for this show I noticed several flaws.
8:30PM-12:00AM
We head back home and I change into some dry jammmies. We order sushi and I watch as Nick assembles some of my IKEA furniture. It does look really easy to do. But it's still easier to watch than do.
More juggling and then some chatting.
12:00AM
A Domani!
Those lego sculptures look really, really cool. And I'll definitely be checking out Radiance, since I should be moving to that area soon :)
ReplyDeleteThis was hilarious: "Good theater is like good sex. When you're having a good time you don't notice any flaws, you live in the moment enjoying every breath your partner takes and reveling in their wonderful performance.
Unfortunately for this show I noticed several flaws."